This is a great condiment for most meats, poultry, fish and rice or potatoes. Can be frozen and pull out as needed.
Makes approx. 3-4 cups
- 1 pound tomatillos, husked and cored
- 3 whole garlic cloves, peeled
- 3 whole jalapenos, cut off stem
- Homemade chicken stock or water
- Salt (see Product List)
- 1 med white onion, minced about 2T
- Fresh cilantro, minced about 2T
Put tomatillos into a stock pot with garlic and jalapenos. Cover with stock or water. Add salt. Bring to boil and reduce to simmer until tomatillos are tender, about 15 minutes. Set aside jalapenos.
In a blender, puree in batches until smooth. Add jalapenos one at a time and stop when you have desired heat level.
You can fold in onion and cilantro by hand. Season with salt and more onion/cilantro if desired.
(recipe by Lynn Wolff)